On March 28 2020 (SATURDAY) Walliston Primary School will be celebrating its 50 Years Golden Jubilee.
Exciting times! We are turning 50 and starting celebrations NOW! Get involved!
Past and Present Students, Staff, P&C, Parents and Community and Businesses alike are invited to join us in all that marks our special occasion!
Commemorations, Nostalgia, Soirees & Fun times!
Walliston Primary School would like to invite current and former community members to celebrate its Golden Jubilee 50th Anniversary on the 28th of March 2020. We welcome students, staff, parents, friends and supporters to attend a Community Day, held at the school, in honour of fifty years of our wonderful school. We will have so many great things for you to be a part of:
- take a nostalgic tour of the classrooms and meet your former teachers;
- be part of our official ceremony to recognise 50 years of our school, including reflections on the years gone by and a range of awards to acknowledge some of the key community figures in that time;
- witness the opening of the two time capsules (one that was buried under the rock cairn at the front of the school in 1972 and one that has been held in the school library since 1995) and the collection of the contents by the original contributors (can you remember what you put in there?);
- did you register for a Silver Jubilee coin in 1995? You will have the opportunity to collect your freshly minted 1995 $1 coin that has been held in safe-keeping by the school since that time;
- the unveiling of a memorial section of the STW Channel 9 tower (it’s currently no longer standing looking over the school!);
- the burial of a new time-capsule (for the next anniversary event);
- group photographs (to commemorate our reunion and classes that were);
- kids’ entertainment and activities (including some old-school games);
- a dunking machine (who do you want to see dunked?);
- displays of artwork and historical memorabilia;
- live music performances; and
- a range of food and drink options (that you can enjoy in a relaxed setting while having a chat and a laugh with other members of our school community).
We are expecting the event to run from approximately 10am to 3pm on the 28th of March 2020. More specific event details (including an event programme, and lists of invited guests and activities on offer) will be provided as we get closer to the Community Day but, for now, please save the date so you can join us for the celebration!
To keep in touch with the latest information about our Golden Jubilee celebrations please join our facebook page at:
Walliston Primary School Golden Jubilee Celebrations Committee
Golden Jubilee Community Day 28th March 2020
With Local Business and Community Support – Walliston Primary School and the P&C are excited to deliver an engaging and memorable event to celebrate our 50th Anniversary. Good company, good food and a great day of fun and sentiment – we are inviting past and present Walliston Students, Families and Staff, and embracing the wider reaching Community of the Kalamunda Hills’ local businesses and residents alike to join us for our celebrations.
A BIG Thank you to the City of Kalamunda for sponsorship funding towards our Jubilee Day! These funds will enable us to deliver some great Live Entertainment acts on the day!
Jubilee Day includes:
Unveiling Time Capsule and new Channel 9 Tower; Burial of 2020 Time Capsule; Presentation of Silver Jubilee Coins; Reconnect with your teachers of yesteryear; Open Classrooms; Art and Historical Displays; Unveiling of Walliston Community Path; Commemorative Merchandise; Kids’ activities; Food Food Food! And don’t miss an opportunity to DUNK YOUR TEACHER!
Breakdown of Commemorative Engagements
Engraved Brickpavers for Walliston Community Path – Commence Sales 2019
Presentation of Silver Jubilee Coins (Jubilee Day)
50th Anniversary Tote Bags (2019 and beyond)
50th Anniversary Children’s Self Portraits printed Tea Towels (2020)
Golden Jubilee Edition Myattsfield Port (Jubilee Day)
50th Anniversary Commemorative Coins (2020)
All-inclusive 50 Years Reunion – Mid 2020
We will be shaking up the ‘Walliston Way’ for a night of great company, great food & wine, reminiscent chatter and a kickin’ dance floor for our 50 year cohort to resurrect their solidarity and cracking dance moves!
The night will be 18+ and guests are invited to reunite their comradeship, let their hair down and celebrate their chapter of Walliston Primary School.