Walliston Primary school enrols families, not students. The school engagement of parents with the school goes back to its foundation and is embedded in our school’s culture.
Walliston Primary School is located in a bushland setting at one of the highest points in the hills, east of the city of Perth. Our school motto “AIM HIGH” refers not only to our geographical location but to the expectations we place upon ourselves as educators and our expectations of our students.
THE “WALLISTON WAY”
Walliston Primary School’s vision is for every child to grow, and AIM HIGH through;
- A strong sense of COMMUNITY
- Creating a CONNECTED CULTURE
- Inspiring CREATIVE minds for the future
PEDAGOGICAL AND INSTRUCTIONAL MODEL
The ‘Walliston Way’ pedagogical framework and instructional model was created based on a balanced approach of inquiry and explicit learning. The Walliston Way framework ensures that every classroom has consistent and effective teaching and learning practices that focus on improved student achievement and was collaboratively developed with the school community.
The mission at Walliston Primary School is to integrate the ‘Walliston Way’ with the Department’s strategic direction of every student, every classroom, everyday. This will be achieved by working together as a learning community with a focus on;
COMMUNITY – CONNECTION- CREATIVITY
OUR SHARED BELIEFS
Our shared belief was created by our staff, students and parents on what they believe makes a successful student and what makes a quality teacher, with a clear emphasis that every child matters everyday.
- Every child has the right to a safe and have an inclusive learning environment.
- We will all aim high and be accountable for every student to grow.
- Our focus is on developing the whole child: socially, emotionally, academically, creatively and physically.
- Learning happens best when student-teacher relationships are based on mutual trust, fairness and respect and are developed between students, staff and parents.
- Quality teaching is built around knowledge that is focused on evidence based practice and research.
- Learning occurs where student, home and school have a common goal, interact positively, are engaged and mutually supportive.
- Collaboration around student data drives our decision making.
- Students learn in different ways and their learning programs need to recognise this.
OUR BEHAVIOURAL EXPECTATIONS
To meet our school vision, we have created School Wide Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) Guidelines. The purpose of which, is to develop and implement school wide behavioural support to improve behaviour, teach social skills and foster a positive attitude towards learning to achieve higher educational outcomes. It is our intention that this will develop a school culture which is consistent and based on common language which is used by all.
Our Behaviour Expectations are:
- WE ARE RESPECTFUL
- WE ARE LEARNERS
- WE ARE KIND