Please read information below from our Principal, Mr Mainard.
Apologies for the communication, late on a Friday afternoon.
You may have seen the message from the Premier last night where he confirmed the 5 day lockdown for Perth, Peel and South West will be lifted today at 6pm however, some restrictions remain in place.
The good news is that schools in those areas will open on Monday 8 February.
Given the ongoing restrictions of mandatory mask wearing for adults, a 4sqm social distancing rule and 150-person capacity rule, schools will have to modify how students are welcomed back on the first day of school to enable physical distancing requirements.
Regarding Walliston Primary School, the following expectations will be implemented for week 2 of our school term;
- Parents are allowed on school site, but all parents must wear a face mask.
- Parents can enter the classroom, but we must work towards meeting the 4sqm social distancing rule.
- Entrance into the classrooms will occur from the outside doors, and not through the wet areas, as this will assist with extra space for social distancing.
- Please keep to one parent per child when settling your child down for the start of their school day, this will help with the physical distancing rules.
- 10 parents at a time to be allowed in the classroom. Again, this will help us to meet the social distancing requirements.
- Our challenge is that we are asking parents to be mindful that other families are waiting outside, who want to help settle their child for their first day of school. We are asking families to assist your child to settle in and then please leave the classroom environment as soon as possible. We do apologise for this, but we hope all families understand.
- Our parent information and welcome session will be rescheduled for Tuesday 16th February, in week 3. Further information will be sent to parents next week.
- Our student leadership speeches will still go ahead, but parents are not allowed to attend.
- Staff are required to wear face masks, but not while teaching.
- Students are not required to wear face masks.
On behalf of the Walliston Primary School staff we would like to thank you for your patience while our school term was delayed for one week. We are very much looking forward to welcoming all our students back to school, where we know we will provide a safe environment for our students to learn and to see their friends.
Walliston Primary School
Dianella Road, Walliston WA 6076
Celebrating 50 years of excellent public education
(PH): 9291 2000
(M): 0419 930 900